Thursday, January 24, 2013

American Horror Story: Asylum...A plate of crow for me!

I was so wrong about American Horror Story: Asylum!  The ending was nothing that I predicted in an earlier blog post.  Remember...if you haven't seen the show yet...there are spoilers in this post.


Kit Walker, fresh off of losing his love Grace to his other love, Alma whom chopped her up with an ax last week will go back to Briar Cliff after finding Sister Jude there.  I think Kit will confront Monsignor, now Cardinal Timothy Howard.  My thought is that this confrontation will reveal that Timothy is somehow behind the alien shenanigans because he himself is an alien hybrid.  This works because we have seen how fast Timothy healed after being nailed to the cross several episodes ago...we also know he was very interested in Kit and Grace's baby and he may have orchestrated Kit being brought to Briar Cliff in the first place.

Man was I really wrong about that one!  The writers sort of abandoned the whole alien portion of the story.  Yes, we do see a final image of a terminally ill Kit Walker being taken away by the extraterrestrials, but that's all we get.  As for Timothy Howard...I was dead wrong.  He was nothing more than a corrupt church official and he ended his own life rather than face the music about the abuses at Briar Cliff.  

Sister Jude, now just a crazy lady in the asylum will help Kit defeat the now exposed Timothy and they will lock him in the bowls of the Asylum.  I think the immortal, half alien Timothy will be the creature who ripped off Adam Levine's arm in the first episode. 
We learn early on in the last episode that it is the Modern Day Bloody face that chops Adam Levine's arm off.  He was all hopped up on Meth and just happened to be touring the building, using his mother's audio book as a guide.  When the horror tourists came in...he chopped away.  Although, we never learn who the other bloody face imposters were.  It was hinted that they were some sort of bloody face devoted murder cult...but no back story is given.

Lana Winters will confront her son, the modern day bloody face and he will kill her.  She lets him kill her, believing that she caused his killing spree by abandoning him.
I was wrong about that too!  That final scene was a great twist and for me it made up for an otherwise lack luster final episode.  

You may disagree with my analysis, but one thing is certain, it was an overall great show that provided a lot of thrills.  The directing was superb.  I am hoping that Ryan Murphy will be able to get Brian DePalma to direct a few episodes during Season 3....which I predict focusing on the Salem Witch trials...probably set in the modern day, but with ramifications from past events.  I could be wrong, since I am eating a big pile of crow now for my past predictions.  At least I don't bet on sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment